WARNING!!! Do not make this and have them anywhere within access of your dog, better yet, make something different. Salt toxicity is very real and can be fatal. Common signs to look for;
- Decreased appetite
- Excessive thirst or urination
Also, watch the chocolate. If you’re putting gifts of surprise under your tree, ask if it’s food so you can keep it elsewhere until opening day.
In return, if gifting anyone edibles, if they have pets be sure to let them know to keep it well out of reach of the pet. You have to give specifics and spoil the surprise, just a vague yet firm caution. Good friends had their Chocolate Lab eat 3 boxes of .... you guessed it, chocolates from under the tree. Poor Hogan was in the hospital a few days on a heart monitor before he thankfully recovered.
No one wants to spend Christmas in the vet parking lot with a sick dog inside, as if sick wouldn’t be horrible enough these days they’d be without you by their side.
Check out this longer list of Christmas Cautions from the Pet Poison Helpline,
Enjoy your Holiday Preps everyone 🐾💕🐾