Last week, Myloe, a lovely Catahoula in Colorado got a hold of a bottle of Rimadyl and ate it. destroyed the bottle and ate them. You see, they are large tablets flavoured like beef so he would like them. I remembered how Skye had once been on a similar anti-inflammitory when she cut her paw last summer and she ate her doses like they were a treat.
Poor Myloe has been in the ICU for a few days now and is still not out of the woods.
That's right, if you never thought they could get somewhere, and then they do, that could equal an emergency situation as it did with Myloe. This is where preparation helps, take a canine first aid course (DOGSAFE) have your vets info in or by your phone and have the Pet Poison Control number handy. Have the ap on your phone (it's very informative as a first go to). 1-855-764-7661 There is a $49 USD charge but lets face it, if you need it who cares, just have a credit card handy.
Other info you'll need handy include; what the poison is or could posibly be; time of poison exposure; amount of or length of time exposed; weight of animal; have they vomited?; no doubt there's more but that's what I have on the top of my head.
Check out their wesite www.petpoisonhelpline.com